Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Meme of Solace

I'm stealing this meme from Ramblin' with Roger and I'm amused that although we have a totally different taste when it comes to music, we still both ended our list with The Police.

List 10 musical artists (or bands) you like, in no specific order (do this before reading the questions below). Really, don’t read the questions below until you pick your ten artists!!!

1. Deine Lakaien
2. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
3. Dead Can Dance
4. Skyclad
5. Oysterband
6. Helium Vola
7. Chumbawamba
8. Soman
9. VNV Nation
10. The Police


What was the first song you ever heard by 6?

"Omnis Mundis Creatura"
you can listen to it here

What is your favorite song of 8?

DATC and Mask (highly dance-able)

What kind of impact has 1 left on your life?

I was really into heavy metal and I went to a festival to see Crematory, a metal band. Deine Lakaien were headliner and I had never heard of them. The venue (an old castle) filled with Gothics until almost no metalfans were left...maybe they just ran away after the dismal performance by Crematory, though. Oh, I though, those people look interesting. Deine Lakaien started to play and I was fascinated. I've been a Goth ever since.
Love me to the End
Second Sun Acoustic

What is your favorite lyric of 5?

Oh, so many. For example Blood Wedding and We'll Be There and the long that I like best Put Out the Lights

How many times have you seen 4 live?
Four times. Two times at festivals and two times in tiny clubs - I have no idea why no-one wants to see Skyclad in Hamburg. They have such wonderful acerbic lyrics

What is your favorite song by 7?

The Bad Squire from the English Rebel Songs album.

Is there any song by 3 that makes you sad?

The Wind that Shakes the Barley and I am Stretched on Your Grave.

What is your favorite song by 9?

Further

When did you first get into 2?

I think through "Where the Wild Roses Grow", the duet with Kylie Minogue. That was back when MTV used to play music videos. I loved how the beautiful melody mixed with the dark lyrics and bought the "Murder Ballads" album - more of the same. Nick Cave's skill of telling stories in his songs has fascinated me ever since.

How did you get into 3?

A friend introduced me to them, with the Aion album. A month before that I had declined an invitation to a concert by them because I didn't know them. It was their last tour. Go me.

What is your favorite song by 4?

Anything from Irrational Anthems, but if I had to choose, I'd pick History Lessens (no, that's not a typo)

How many times have you seen 9 live?

I think 10 times, sometimes twice in one tour.

What is a good memory concerning 2?

Just about every concert I saw, he's amazing. But I also had a very nice conversation with a guy twice my age in the subway about music when he commented on the Nick Cave LPs I had just bought.

Is there a song by 8 that makes you sad?

Um, no.

What is your favorite song of 1?

Love Me to the End.

How did you become a fan of 10?

"Message in a Bottle" was the first song I ever understood the lyrics of, English is my second language. I still remember the moment when it no longer was just a song, but a story that I could understand (and the mental image of a million bottles floating around the island still amuses me).

No comments:

Post a Comment