Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Librarian's Life

We've earned 80 Euros by selling old books at the Christmas bazaar of my Wednesday school! I've already bought some new books from that, mostly from trilogies that we need to complete, but also Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher, a book that I've read and loved a while ago.
It's slow today, not much to do and I have time to write a few book recommendations for next year, I want to have a new one for both novels and non-fiction books at least once a month, but better every two weeks.

I had a talk with the head teacher of the Tuesday school and we decided to throw out many of the old books. When I say old, I mean 30 years old at least. We'll buy new ones next year, at the moment I'm gathering ideas from the departments about what to buy. I'm so happy about this, I did all my work smiling yesterday - it's great when you can actually accomplish something instead of just guarding books no-one wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment