Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Bicycle Race

...or maybe not. So I haven't ridden a bike in about 15 years. Luedenscheid, where I grew up, is not a bike-friendly place, it's a town of hills and steep streets. Hamburg is ideal for cycling and after 10 years of living here, I finally decided to buy myself a bicycle, a friend was selling a used one. I had to wheel it home because the streets were still full of snow and slippery, but then the snow melted and I planned to take my first ride on the weekend. 12 inches of snow made me re-think. At least I now have plenty of time to shop for a good helmet - the way people drive in Hamburg, cycling without one is just not a good idea.
But I'm really looking forward to spring and summer, there's so much to see in and around Hamburg that's easy to reach with a bike, especially places for bird watching or hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment