Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fiasco

I bought Fiasco a while ago. It's a RPG without a gamemaster. There are sets that contain the place and time of the game and some general information on the characters, their motivation and goals and places as well as weapons/items that may play a role. The players take their pick from what's offered and begin to tell the story together. If all goes well, it will end in a total, well, fiasco of course. The tag line of the game is "Making your own Cohen Brothers movie in the time it takes to watch one".

I will play Fiasco for the first time (finally!) on Friday and I'm very much looking forward to it. I'm also nervous because I suggested the game to my RPG group and I'm worried that it won't work for us and that the guys won't have fun. Hooray for self-confidence. I've read a lot of reviews and people seem to have a blast playing the game and the guys I play with do like it when a story goes south, but I still worry. I'll let you know how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment