Monday, March 21, 2011

Goodbye, Fourth Doctor

I just watched Logopolis and that means I'm done with the Fourth Doctor. Wow, I thought I'd never make it when I started, there were just so many episodes. But I had tons of fun and while some episodes were pretty much meh, most of them are awesome. Robots of Death, Pyramids of Mars, Genesis of the Daleks, The Leisure Hive and The Keeper of Traken were my favourites.

The Keeper of Traken introduces Anthony Ainley as the Master and he absolutely owns that role. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him in the remaining seasons.
Logopolis itself fell a bit flat for me. Maybe I was suffering from a Tom Baker overdose, but the whole story wasn't very gripping. The music was very cool, though, and so was the Watcher, who creeped me out whenever he appeared.

Of all the companions, Leela remains my favourite. I wish they had given her more to do, but even so she was a headstrong character who stood her ground next to the Doctor's often overwhelming personality.

So, on to the Fifth Doctor. Or maybe back to the Third?

No comments:

Post a Comment