Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Classics Challenge

The year's not over and I'm already collecting new challenges. I've already signed up for the Library Challenge and today I came across the Classics Challenge. Here's how it works:

Read seven works of Classic Literature in 2012
Only three of the seven may be re-reads

Instead of writing a review as you finish each book (of course, you can do that too), visit November's Autumn on the 4th of each month from January 2012 - December 2012.

You will find a prompt, it will be general enough that no matter which Classic you're reading or how far into it, you will be able to answer. There will be a form for everyone to link to their post. I encourage everyone to read what other participants have posted.


I haven't come up with a reading list, I think it will be spur of the moment. But I do know that next year A Tale of Two Cities and I will go into a room and only one of us will come out. I'm not a fan of Dickens, but I gave up on him before I ever read Tale of Two Cities and it sounds like I might enjoy it.

1. Death in Venice by Thomas Mann
2. Steppenwolf by Hermann Hesse
3. A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
4. Antigone by Sophokles
5. Moon and Sixpence by William Somerset Maugham
6. The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells
7. Of Human Bondage by W.S. Maugham

No comments:

Post a Comment