Monday, February 20, 2012

Shadowrun Rat's Nest: Damage Done

The latest installment of our Rat's Nest chronicle can be read here. Go ahead, read it, I'll wait.

I have to say, that was the single most emotionally draining roleplaying experience I have ever had. I love the whole Rat's Nest setting and all the NPCs we can get to know and interact with. It was hard to see it all get kicked apart like that. At the same time, it speaks for the scenario that we can do something like this and it still works. A good story will keep on telling itself no matter what you do to it and I think the Rat's Nest story is one of those. I may not like where the story is going, but I still want to hear it.

There were quite a few chances for our characters to get arrested, get hurt or even die. I fully expected to get shot or at least seriously injured when Neil refused to leave the clinic and when he attacked the cops who arrested Whistler. But there was just no chance that the character would have quietly watched in both situations. I like him for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment