Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Shadowrun Rat's Nest: Ghosts

I now have an Awakened character on my hands. In almost fifteen years of gaming, I have played a magical character only once (a too short game of Mage). It just wasn't my cup of tea.. But this is going to be interesting.

Neil is 45 years old now and he has never given any thought to magic. He knows that it exists of course, but it just didn't have anything to do with him. Now he has to deal with it and he has no idea how, it will take him a while to fully realise what is happening. So far he knows or rather guesses that the ghost was called by him, but he doesn't know how to handle such a situation or how to keep it from happening again.

I'm not reading up on Shadowrun magic rules, this will be purely learning by doing. I know only marginally more about it than Neil and we are going to keep it that way. When Neil learns something, I will, not by reading the rules but by roleplaying.

The whole thing is going to play hell with how he sees himself and with his social life. I absolutely didn't plan any of that and it's taking Neil in a completely different direction, but for me, this is exactly what gaming is about. I like a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment