Saturday, February 25, 2012

Tagged

I've been tagged by The DM's Screen - thank you!

Here are the rules:
The Rules Are:

1. You must post the rules.
2. post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create eleven new
questions to ask the people you've tagged.
4. Tag eleven bloggers, however, you can break the rules and tag fewer people if you want.
Make sure you hyperlink their names/blogs.
5. Let them know you've tagged them - it's good manners ;)
6. Enjoy and have fun with it.


1. What made you decide to write a blog?
Hm. I started with a photoblog and that got me into memes. The Bookscorpions Lair started out as a meme blog, turned into a book blog and is now a book, roleplaying and whatever I want blog.

2. What would you say has been the highlight of your blogging career to date?
I don't know about highlight, but here's something I enjoyed. I blogged about Cato Bontjes von Beek and a while after publishing that post, I noted lots of hits from Canada on that particular post. Some Google-fu later I found out that people had been watching a documentary on Cato on TV and wanted to find out more about her. I hope my post helped them.

3. Name your favourite animal.
Koala.

4. What has been the best thing to ever happen to you?
Really, I have to choose just one? Then that would be meeting Mr Bookscorpion. Runner-up is deciding to study in Hamburg (a decision I made, I kid you not, based on the number of Goth parties there).

5. You are in a lift with a Nun, a middle-aged business man, a Karl Marx look-alike, a twenty-something female charity worker and Stephen Hawking. The lift shudders to a stop, the lights go out. There is a high-pitched scream followed by a thud. The lights come on and the Nun is lying dead on the floor with a knife in her chest. Who did it and why?
I think the nun did it. She needs to escape her order because she's in love with Stephen Hawking and they want to marry. Hawking hacked into the lift controls to give her the moment of darkness she needs to plunge the stage knife into her chest. She cannot just leave because she has been entrusted with the knowledge about a prophecy that could destroy the church if it got out. The others may be in on it. I know I am not, but I'd love to be. Because that story is bound to include a chase with Hawking's wheelchair and that would be epic.

6. Name your favourite colour.
blue.

7. What has been the scariest thing to ever happen to you?
I chose the scariest thing that's most funny to tell: on holiday in Sweden, I was busy gathering blueberries, my nose close to the ground, when four huge hooves came into view. I looked up to find myself face to face with a moose. I slooooowly backed away, with the knowledge that there was no way I could outrun the moose or climb a tree. For good measure, I stepped into an ant hill and had horse ants run up my legs. The moose watched me and then sauntered off into the forest and he's probably still telling all his relatives about the hilarious tourist who tried so hard not to yell while getting bitten by a hundred ants.

8. You are about to break the world record for the tallest house of cards in front of a crowded room of onlookers and world press. All of a sudden, some idiot parent allows their errant child to charge over, knocking into your table, sending your world record beating attempt crashing around you. What do you do next?
I start again. I may attempt to slice the neck of the parent with a card, though.

9. If you had to spend a month on a tropical island, what four luxury items do you take with you?
Sketchbook and coloured pencils, digital camera, and a huge chest filled with books.

10. Once on your tropical island you are allowed to have one person of your choice to stay with you. Now this can be anyone famous, living or dead, fictional and from any period of time/history - loved ones are not allowed - who do you choose and why?
One month is a long time. I'm not good with people, so at the end of the month I may try to drown any person I chose. Alexander von Humboldt would be my choice. It's (I assume) an unexplored island, so we might as well have some fun and serious science while exploring it.
If I can chose another place, I would love to spend a few days in the Anno Dracula London with Charles Beauregard, I have such a huge crush on that character.

11. What has been the worst impulse purchase of a totally useless item (one you convinced yourself into believing you needed, but didn't)? What was it, and do you still have it?
I quite like all my impulse purchases of useless stuff. The day may come when I wake up and go "why did you ever feel that you needed a Tardis that goes whorpwhorp when you pick it up, not to mention a sonic screwdriver", but so far it hasn't.

My questions.
1. If you could choose three people to game with (any at all: fictional, real, famous ect.), who would that be?
2. What's the most weird thing you have ever eaten?
3. Name the three most important things to have in case of zombie attacks.
4. Whats top of your bucket list?
5. What's the most weird character concept you have ever come across, as a GM or player (feel free to include your own)?
6. Dracula or Frankenstein? Why?
7. If you could choose any movie at all to see on the big screen (again or for the first time), which one would that be?
8. Where did you buy your first dice?
9. You're offered a day on a holodeck. What do you create?
10. Time travel: what would be your destination of choice?
11. If you had to choose a RPG system to live in, what would that be?

Blogs that you should go and read
Yaqqothl Grimoire
Book of World
Psychic Mayhem
Burning Zeppelin Experience

No comments:

Post a Comment