Thursday, August 2, 2012

RPG Carnival: What's In Your Backpack?

This month's RPG Blog Carnival is hosted by Game Knight Reviews and the question is: What's in your backpack?

Since I don't play fantasy games, I never had a classic adventurer's backpack. But some of my characters do carry a lot of stuff around with them when they travel. Or in the case of my Vampire characters, had a ghoul to carry stuff for them.

Here's what my Shadowrun doc usually carries on his person:

1. medkit
2. comlink
3. gun
4. a couple of tranq patches to be used in a fight
5. pen and paper, he's oldschool that way
6. survival kit
7. dog treats
8. origami crane
9. taser

and if you'd ask my 7th Sea professor to empty his pockets and saddlebags, you'd discover:

1. paper and ink and a letter to his wife
2. a couple of knives
3. at least one book, probably more
4. some mechanical stuff to tinker with
5. a whip
6. spare clothes
7. a not unsubstantial amount of money
8. a loupe
9. if he can get it: coffee
10. stuff he picked up along the way, for example a huge insect stinger and a gigantic bird claw

My own backpack usually contains:

1. a book (dead tree version or Nook)
2. MP3 player
3. sketchbook
4. graphite and coloured pencils
5. my wallet and keys
6. some painkillers
and on longer trips:
7. my laptop
8. my camera (DSLR)



No comments:

Post a Comment