Monday, October 22, 2012

Endland: Radio Tower

We played through the first Endland adventure in Denmark. Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 on Obsidian Portal.

I think it went quite well. My worst nightmare did not come true. I was afraid that a player would say: why don't we do this and punch a huge hole into the story.

I had a lot of fun watching them figuring things out, occasionally hindered by botched perception and prophecy rolls. But my favourite part of it all was having the players interact with the NPCs. There are a lot of story seeds there and a couple of those are already coming along nicely (Antero the butcher for example).

Arvo's player has bowed out of the campaign because he doesn't like the setting. I've recruited another player and I'm looking forward to the character he'll create. Until then, I get to mull over some story ideas I have, we're definitely planning to continue the campaign.

Memo to self: don't tell players what they cannot know. Just keep your mouth shut. Also: keep notes while playing. Might have to learn shorthand.

The spider, in case you're wondering, is modelled after a trapdoor spider.


Wikipedia has more information on them. They really are incredibly fast and it's very hard to see their burrows. They are also good diggers and can make a burrow even in hard soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment