Saturday, March 16, 2013

I Killed Adolf Hitler

I Killed Adolf Hitler by Jason, on the one holds no surprises. A guy goes back in time and kills Adolf Hitler. Just what is says on the cover.
But the real story is about the killer and his girlfriend. I did not expect that and I found that story engaging and touching. I actually went "aaww..." out loud at the end of the book.

IMG_5594_01

(there's a minor spoiler in the next paragraph)
It took me a while to get used to Jason's style, but after a few pages I started to appreciate the clear lines and the way of telling the story with very little dialogue. There's a lot of bone-dry humour on both the dialogue and the art. I have this thing for Nazi satire and Hitler being saved by the Mein Kampf edition in his jacket was brilliant.

I'm going to check out more of Jason's work. His way of drawing characters has really grown on me, especially the long "silent" moments. I was absolutely not surprised that Jason considers Buster Keaton one of his influences.
IMG_5593_01

6th book for the Graphic Novel Challenge
8th book for the Library Challenge
Reviews 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment