Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Neverwhere

“Richard wrote a mental diary in his head.
Dear Diary, he began. On Friday I had a job, a fiancé, a home, and a life that made sense. (Well, as much as an life makes sense). Then I found an injured girl bleeding on the pavement and I tried to be Good Samaritan. Now I've got no fiancé, no home, no job, and I'm walking around a couple of hundred feet under the streets of London with the projected life expectancy of a suicidal fruit fly.”


My favourite Neil Gaiman TV series/book "Neverwhere" has been turned into a six-part audio drama. The first two parts are now up on BBC radio and the brilliant thing is that you can listen to it where-ever you are, not just in the UK. In case you didn't know: there's also a free Neverwhere RPG. I've been meaning to play it for ages now.

If you need reasons to listen beyond it being Neverwhere and Neil Gaiman, let me give you some: James McAvoy, Benedict Cumberbatch, David Harewood, Natalie Dormer, Anthony Head, Bernard Cribbins and Christopher Lee (which made even Neil Gaiman geek out a bit).

Welcome to London Below.

No comments:

Post a Comment