Wednesday, January 1, 2014

7th Sea: Growing a Bit Tired

We're having a problem with out 7th Sea group. We're playing this huge campaign during the Montaign revolution and one of our players is trying to restore his family's honour and wants to reclaim his title from his brother who is ruining the family. Intrigue is an important part of the campaign and we have a lot of NPCs to deal with and to keep track of, in a web of promises, favours and backstabbing.

Which would be brilliant, but for a while we have pretty much played among ourselves without big involvement from the GM. All of us like playing social interaction, but if the GM isn't part of the game, there's only so much we can do. I'm not sure exactly what the problem is here, but it's clearly time to bring it up the next time we game.

I'm also a bit tired of having details of my character's back story ignored or stuff I asked the GM not to do. Like pretty much solving the problem that sent Marcello into exile in the first place. We talked about it and the GM saved the situation in a way I can live with. But it plays into my impression that there isn't as much background and planning as such a campaign needs and deserves. Maybe it's time to take a break from the campaign and play something else for a while. I would hate to completely retire the campaign because I enjoy playing it very much and I love how the characters fit together. I do hope we will find a good solution everyone can live with.

No comments:

Post a Comment