Monday, November 17, 2014

Deadlands: Prison Break

Cast of Characters:
Alan Trehorn: Half-Apsalooke/Crow scout who might be taken for a greenhorn, but at your own risk.
Etienne DuMont: Texas Ranger. He used to be dead, but he got better.
Kenneth Lake: Professional poker player and reluctant participant in these events.
Dr. Frances Gray: Doctor and a strong believer in science and natural explanations.
Sister Elisabeth: A nun of maybe questionable past, but unquestionable faith.
Eliah Davis: Black cowboy who has seen some weird shit in his life. He spins this tale for you, somewhere at a camp fire on the prairie.

last time

I spent the day in prison with Elisabeth, playing cards and I even got her to read to me from a book other than the Bible. Alan spelled me in the evening and I got a couple of hours of sleep before we were out on the streets again, waiting for the murderer. This time with Doctor Gray as the intended victim.

It was quiet for much of the night, but then we heard shots from the prison and I was close enough to hear Elisabeth scream. Didn't take the time to knock on the door, just kicked it down and landed hard against the bars of the empty cell. The sheriff was in the other cell and doing his best to murder Elisabeth. Alan shot at him and he walked right through the bars as if they weren't even there. I saw that bullets didn't do nothing to hurt the sheriff and clobbered him with my gun. Didn't hurt him either but he seemed to have enough and just walked out through the locked door into his office. Through me. If no-one ever does that to me again, it will be too soon.

I shot open the door to Elisabeth's cell and got the doctor to help her, she was bleeding badly. I've seen people die from less, but the doctor saved her, unless the wounds get infected. The sheriff's gone, although Alan thinks he might have found tracks. But there's no sense in walking all over those in the middle of the night, so we'll all got some more sleep, to see what we can see in the morning.

next time

No comments:

Post a Comment