Thursday, August 25, 2016

Suicide Squad

I saw Suicide Squad last night. It was ... a movie.

I had zero expectations, but I wanted to see Harley Quinn, Deadshot and El Diablo and they were cool, so that was good. I would have traded at least 30 minutes of random fight scenes against faceless minions against a much longer scene in the bar because every time the Squad interacted, it was awesome.

I would have loved some good creature design. The Enchantress had a cool look in her original form (not as sexy squirming June!Enchantress) and I wish her brother and her minions were somehow based on that design instead of being whatever the hell they were.

The Joker was bland. I have no other word for it. His look was not bad, but every time he opened his mouth, I couldn’t hear him over the sound of my brain going meeeeeeeeh. The movie would have worked just as well without him.

I think I would watch another movie with that team because they did have great chemistry, but man, get someone to write you an actual STORY that makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment